Me

Me

Friday, December 5, 2014

Tasty tip

Here's a tasty tip I learned myself when experimenting in the kitchen last night:

If you want to add extra flavor and texture to your meatballs, saute chopped portabello mushrooms in olive oil. When cooked, the mushrooms will decrease in volume by half, so make sure you use a good amount of mushrooms in the beginning. Add them to the bowl, along with your favorite seasonings. When I make mine, I add 4-5 cloves minced garlic, chopped, sauteed onions, 2 eggs, salt and pepper, and 1 c of breadcrumbs to lean ground beef.

The meatballs came out extra scrumptious and juicy. My dad ate a second plate of them, he liked them so much.

Try this variation on  this classic comfort food.

*If using ground chicken or turkey, try making a a bechamel sauce to go over it ( add a little  ground nutmeg to the bechamel).

You're welcome.

Much Love,
Cait
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be classy while commenting, folks,
Thanks!
-Caitlin