Me

Me

Thursday, December 11, 2014

Wakey Wakey Eggs and Bakey Muffins (Individual Cheesy Scrambled Eggs Nestled in Bacon)

Hello, my loves. I have a neat breakfast dish to share with you all. The title is inspired by my best friend, Alise. She's shouted this expression a couple of times, and the most fond memory I have of this is when we were on vacation and she was desperately trying to wake me up. I sleep like a rock and am not much of  morning person. However, the smell of bacon being cooked in the kitchen and/ or the sheer joy brought to me from the taste of bacon never fail(s) to make me want to jump out of bed. I made these babies this morning before work. Super easy, fun- to- eat, and portable, you will enjoy these delightful things. I can guarantee it.
Okay...here are the instructions so you can have a happy morning and satisfied taste buds.
My recipe makes 4 servings, but if you need to increase the amount of servings, keep in mind that 1 egg and 1 slice of bacon yields one "muffin."

Preheat oven to 400 F.
In a medium bowl, scramble your eggs and season with salt and pepper (to taste). Mix in a handful of sharp cheddar cheese. Set aside.
Spray the bottoms of each muffin cup in the pan with nonstick cooking spray and line each cup with bacon. Make sure to crinkle each slice so that there is a layer of bacon at the bottom of the cups, and pour the egg mixture into each muffin cup, filling it up to the top.  Place in the oven and cook until the egg mixture puffs up. Next, turn your broiler on low and cook them for a few more minutes until the tops are lightly browned and the egg is cooked all the way. The bacon should also be crispy.

To check if they're cooked all the way, make a small cut in the middle.
Finally, eat them, enjoy all the cheesy, smokey goodness, and have a spectacular day.

Much love,
Cait
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I need these in my life, and I heard a rumour that you would deliver, can I get these with unsweetened tea - preferably non-Winn Dixie brand? ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Please be classy while commenting, folks,
Thanks!
-Caitlin